Monday 1 August 2011

About me...


Hello! This is my first post so I thought I'd best explain a little bit about me and why I've decided to start a blog.

My name is Amy, and I've been living in Berlin, Germany, since February 2011. I'm originally from Yorkshire, England and lived there all of my life. I moved to Berlin with my boyfriend because we wanted a new challenge, and moving to a foreign country is certainly it! He speaks fluent Deutsch, but I don't, so I currently attend 15 hours of German classes a week.

I decided to start a blog because I want to document my time here. We're living on an extremely tight budget so everything in our lives is on the cheap, so I'm going to post outfit posts (and how I manage on just a suitcase and a half of clothing) and cooking posts (how I cab make an evening meal for two for 2EUR). What can I say? You can take the girl out of Yorkshire, but you can't take Yorkshire out of the girl.

Oh, and if you're wondering why this blog is so called, 'Girl looks like a pony' is a lyric from the song 'Toe Jam' by BPA. Being a Talking Heads fan, it's one of my favourite songs, and even though the lyrics are complete nonsense to me, I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment